Building Plans - Springfield
Date Plans passed: October 5th 1928
Architect: Harold S Scott
Builder: Ernest A Turner
Although these premises at the corner of Stratford Road and Springfield Road were purchased in 1922, it was not until 1928 that the lease
of the third of the three original shops expired and the Bank was able to draw up plans for a reconstruction project
The branch has two entrances for depositors - the door at 801 Stratford Road is where the first (temporary) office was located.
entrance to the residential accommodation above the branch is in Springfield Road, and gives access to four bedrooms on two floors