Building Plans - Little Bromwich
 
Date Plans passed: April 1928
Architect: H Stewart Evans
Builder: Harry H Crump
 
Home
 
Branches
 
Premises
 
Index of Plans
 
Little Bromwich
After opening a temporary 'Evening Branch' in a wooden hut on land belonging to the Allotments Department,
the Bank purchased 500 square yards from the City Council in 1928 in order to erect a permanent branch to the above design
The long, narrow shape of the plot resulted in the flat above the branch having a corridor running almost the
full length of the building in order to provide access to a lounge and three bedrooms. However, the flat was not used for entirely residential purposes but was let to a dentist for an initial period of seven years
- a tenancy that was renewed in 1936 for a further seven years.
BACK TO THE TOP