Home
 
Images
 
Next Image
162
Bournville Works Branch
New Premises - 1955
These two photographs record the official opening of Bournville Works branch when it moved to new premises at 83 Bournville Lane, opposite the Cadbury factory whose employees the branch served. The Bournville Works Magazine reported that "these [new premises] are in every way a great improvement on the single-storey building in Franklin Way which had housed [the branch] for two periods since 1923". 83 Bournville Lane had previously housed the Bournville Estate Office
Photographed in the branch after the official opening (left to right):
J C Hartill (Branch Manager); Alderman A H Cooper, JP (Bank Chairman);
H Carver (the Bank's General Manager); and J E Murphy (Accountant, Bournville).
The four gentlemen in the top photograph are shown here examining the depositors' ledgers.
They are joined (second left) by the branch's First Cashier, G R Duggan.
At March 31st 1955, the branch had 8,859 open accounts.
The above photographs are reproduced from the January, 1956, edition of the "Bournville Works Magazine",
thanks to APEC Architects Ltd and Mondalez International Cadbury Archive.
BACK TO THE TOP