Bank Memorabilia Preserved
Images of items preserved for posterity by
being lodged in the BMB's former Head Office in Broad Street,
the University of Birmingham's The Exchange
Malcolm Smith preserved the Commemoration Tablet for the opening of Alum Rock branch
Former members of staff of Aston Cross branch with the Commemoration Tablet for that branch which was preserved by David Glenn. He
is shown (left) with Frances Pritchett, Jim Bates, Ian Galloway, and Richard Mann
David and Christine Skett (above and below) preserved the Commemoration Tablets for Bordesley Green and Weoley Castle branches, plus
an example of the BMB's logo engraved on a branch window
After managing Cotteridge branch for many years, Gilbert Sherborne saved that branch's Tablet
Malcolm Smith preserved memorabilia associated with the BMB's Cricket Club - he is shown here with the Frank Kirtland Cup
tankards presented to the members of the 1955 winning team
The Commemoration Tablet for Ward End branch was displayed in Jane Eccleston's garage prior to being transferred to The Exchange.
Included with a number of miscellaneous items lodged in The Exchange was a large window with the key logo; rescued from a derelict
factory in Selly Oak, it is believed it was originally installed at Duddeston branch (52 Revesby Walk) or Kitts Green branch (131
Lea Village). The window is shown being handed over by David Parkes to Fiona Innes, Deputy Venue Manager at The Exchange.
A box designed to fit into a 'Class A' safe deposit holds several historical items including a Police Whistle issued to cashiers (right
- preserved by Keith Burrows), passbooks, and various Home Safes
Commemoration Tablet for Bearwood branch - also preserved by Malcolm Smith.