Selly Park branch: 1928 - 1978
 

Selly Park branch opened for business on September 15th 1928. On that date, Mrs Edith Savage (who worked at the nearby Telephone Exchange) opened the branch's first account for her ten-month-old daughter, Mary. Fifty years later, mother and daughter were present at a celebration of the branch's anniversary.

 

135
 
Images
 
Home
 
Next Image
(left) Steve Pink, Manager of Selly Park branch, presents Mary Savage (right of photograph) with a memento of the occasion. Also present are Edith Savage, Harold Carver (former General Manager of the Bank - next to Steve Pink), and members of the Bank's staff including John Ager, Bernard Endall, Alban Clemons, John Cox, and Roger Garner
 
(right) Bank staff pose outside the branch in 1928 costumes       
 
(left to right):
 
Chris Houghton
 
Steve Pink
 
Jane Hall
 
Linda Cridge
 
John Cox (Area Manager)
 
Geoff Pittaway
(right)
 
Steve Pink illustrates how a Branch Manager would have dressed and been equipped in 1928. Steve came up with the idea of celebrating his branch's 50th anniversary, and his Head Office arranged for appropriate costumes and equipment, including a telephone from that era.
 
(below)
 
Members of staff celebrating outside the branch (left to right):
Bob Parnell; Geoff Pittaway; Chris Houghton; Steve Pink; John Cox; Bob Linley; Roger Garner; Mary Bonner; Linda Cridge; Jane Hall
(Images preserved by Steve Pink)