Although this photograph is not dated, its position in an album of other dated items indicates that it was probably taken in 1925.
The original caption, however, names the individuals as follows (left to right):
- F W Parsonage; A S Taylor; J P Hilton; F Ellison; H Carver.
The Bank moved into its new Edmund Street Head Office on July 6th 1925, and this photograph may have been taken as part of the record of that occasion. In the 1926 Annual Report, J P Hilton is listed as the General Manager and F Ellison as Assistant General Manager. The other three officers (plus H G Wright) are named as Principal Assistants.
All five officers spent the rest of their careers at the Bank:
- John Hilton retired as General Manager on March 24th 1946;
- A S Taylor retired as Assistant General Manager in December 1950;
- Frank Ellison retired as Deputy General Manager in about 1957;
- Harold Carver (see Early Days at Sparkbrook) retired as General Manager on February 14th 1957;
- Fred Parsonage (see Nostalgia) retired as Deputy General Manager in 1960