Images
 
Next Image
Opening Ceremony: Edmund Street Head Office
 
These images relate to the official opening of the Bank's first permanent Head Office, which was situated at 6-8 Edmund Street, Birmingham. The premises were opened by The Rt. Hon. Neville Chamberlain, MP (Minister for Health) on July 6th 1925, and remained the Head Offices of the Bank until the move to Broad Street in November 1933
Guests assemble outside the new Head Office premises prior to the opening ceremony on July 6th 1925
The General Office being inspected by some of the attendees at the building's opening ceremony

The Lord Mayor (Alderman Percival Bower) arriving with Neville Chamberlain for the opening ceremony

The Bank's General Manager

(J P Hilton) arrives for the opening ceremony;

behind him is Mrs Chamberlain

The Lord Mayor commences the opening ceremony, flanked by the Bank's Chairman (Councillor C T Appleby) and Neville Chamberlain

The Lord Mayor presents a door key to Neville Chamberlain

Neville Chamberlain performs the opening ceremony

Following the completion of the opening ceremony, the dignitaries return to the Council House for a formal luncheon.

027
 
Home